- IE IJA MSSN/ZAM/41
- 1 January-22 December 1956
Part of Irish Jesuit Missions
A file of letters written during the year 1956 relating to the Chikuni Mission, Northern Rhodesia.
- Includes a memorandum concerning the Teacher Training College, namely the adaptation and expansion of Chikuni as the Training College and the building of a new secondary school near Lusaka ([ ] 1956, 1p).
- Includes a first draft for presenting the Inter Racial Catholic Institute to the public ([ ], 2pp).
- Includes a letter from the Commissioner of Taxes, PO Box 126, Causway, Southern Rhodesia to Coghlan Welsh and Guest, Solicitors acting on behalf of the Irish Jesuits, Salisbury, Southern Rhodesia concerning the change of status of Lusaka from Prefecture Apostolic to Vicariate Apostolic under the care of the Society of Jesus. Discusses the financial implications of this (March 1956, 2pp).
- Includes a letter from Fr M. Schurmans SJ, Visitor, Lusaka to Irish Fr Provincial Michael O'Grady SJ concerning the juridical division of the Lusaka Mission. Remarks 'I think the only alternative left would be that the Irish Province take over the whole mission from the Polish' (19 November 1956, 4pp).
Kozłowiecki, Adam, 1911-2007, Archbishop of Lusaka