- IE IJA MSSN/ZAM/39
- 8 January-24 December 1954
Part of Irish Jesuit Missions
A file of letters written during the year 1954 relating to the Chikuni Mission, Northern Rhodesia.
- Includes a letter from Fr Robert Thompson SJ, PO Box 125, Lusaka to Irish Fr Provincial Michael O'Grady SJ concerning an invitation from the Dept. of Social Welfare to Frs. Robert Thompson and Patrick J Walshe to participate in Council meetings in preparation for Territorial Social Welfare meetings (21 January 1954, 2pp).
- Includes a letter from Adam Kozlowiecki SJ, Apostolic Administrator, Vicariate Apostolic of Lusaka, PO Box 125 to Irish Fr Provincial thanking him for agreeing, in principle, to staff the Teacher Training College with members of the Irish Province (4 April 1954, 2pp).
- Includes a copy of a letter from [ ] Kabunda Mission, PO Fort Roseberry to the Right Reverend the Ordinaries of Northern Rhodesia concerning the siting of the proposed territorial Catholic Teacher Training College (6 June 1954, 2pp).
- Includes a letter from the Education Secretary-General to the North Rhodesia Catholic Missions, PO Box 593, Lusaka concerning the reorganisation of Teacher Training (18 June 1954, 4pp).
- Includes a memorandum by Irish Fr Provincial concerning the terms governing the choice of a site for the Teacher Training College (1 October 1954, 5pp).
- Includes Fr Robert Thompson SJ's impressions of participating in the Social Services Conference, Northern Rhodesia (19 October 1954, 2pp).
- Includes a memorandum by Fr Walter O'Connor SJ concerning the leprosy settlement near Chikuni (November 1954, 3pp).